You May Also Like

Most Popular Military News

Service Stars for GWOT Medal

Active-duty, Guard and Reserve Airmen who earned the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal for more than one of the five Defense Department-approved Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal operations may now wear a service star device on the medal and service ribbon for the second and subsequent awards. The policy is retroactive to Sept. 11, 2001. Retirees awarded the GWOT-EM who have completed a subsequent deployment to a qualifying area/operation should submit a Standard Form 180 (Request Pertaining to Military Records) at along with supporting documentation to: AFPC/DPSIDR, 550 C Street W., JBSA-Randolph AFB TX 78150. Retired Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard Airman should mail their SF 180 and supporting documentation to: ARPC/DPTSA, 18420 E Silver Creek Ave., Bldg. 390 MS-68, Buckley AFB CO 80011-9502.

To test your military medal knowledge, take the Medal Quiz.

Related Topics